24 Things You Didn’t Know About Beer

Think you know everything about beer? Think again! We’ve compiled a list of 24 things that would surprise even the most knowledgable beer snob. Now, when you meet your first OKCupid date at the bar for a drink and have nothing to talk about, you can show them that your beer knowledge goes beyond how to use it for inebriation!

24 Things You Didn't Know About Beer

We hope you enjoyed reading these useless facts about beer. As drinking enthusiasts, we’re clearly very concerned with health, and were therefore very happy to learn that beer prevents kidney stones (fact #17) and that beer strengthens your bones (fact #18.) The WearYourBeer team also stresses the importance of education and want to point out that beer makes your smarter (fact #16). We’d like to clarify, however, that even though beer will make you smarter, reading this blog post will not.

If, however, you’d like to look cool and let your peers know who the price of parties is, WearYourBeer might be able to help. Check out our selection of Jack Daniel’s T Shirts featuring our all time best seller, the classic Jack Daniel’s logo tee. Also, just in time for summer are our newest additions to the Corona bikinis collection. Finally, prepare for your day at the beach with a beverage cooler from our section of Coors merchandise.

Want to put this on your blog? Copy and paste the embed code below on your website or blog to share!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to 24 Things You Didn’t Know About Beer

1. Mell says:

Not bad!

2. Nik says:

Actually, this is really quite bad. The very first “fact” is a common misquotation; Franklin was referring to wine, not beer. More egregious, though, is the eighth “fact,” which is an old myth which has been thoroughly discredited by Martyn Cornell, Ron Pattinson, and others. IPA was not invented to survive the journey to India; it had been brewed in England well before it was ever exported, and the standard pale ales and porters which were being sent to the tropics survived the voyage just fine. And there’s plenty else to take issue with here. Really pretty embarrassing for a site pandering to beer geeks.

• Cory says:

I gotta agree with Nik on this one, much of this is very incorrect.

• “Thanks for pointing these errors out. Even though the IPA recipe was similar before and after the beer started making its way to India, this website (provide website that says this,) does say that extra hops were added after the beer began traveling from England to India. We didn’t find anywhere that specifically stated that the reason for the extra hops was that the beer was not properly preserved upon arriving in india, but assumed that this was part of the reason since it is widely known that one of the main purposes of hops is to help preserve the beer. Would love to see the source you have that explains why this is incorrect, can you post this link?”

• KTG says:

I’m no expert, but I’ve read that the name IPA is there because the style was popularized by the East India Company.

• Seamus O'Conner says:

@Nik: You clearly need to drink more beer. This is a fun little thing that means nothing. Don’t be a “know-it-all.”

• dresden says:

Beer in general withstood long voyages.

3. Chris Mannes says:

Pete Brown has written some good stuff, including a whole book, about the history of beer.

4. Vishal says:

Can you please tell me how did you prepare this info-graphic? application/tools used?

5. Larry says:

Definitely some big whiffs here.

#12 is putting the cart before the horse. “The agriculture {sic} revolution was started because people needed a way to make more beer.” (‘Agriculture’ is a noun; ‘agricultural’ is an adjective.) False, actually. Beer provided a way for grain to be stored for much longer periods than traditional methods, including converting it to flour or breads. People weren’t looking for a way to brew more beer. They already had the means to produce grain in large quantities, they simply couldn’t store that grain very long until beer was invented. When they had this means of making the ‘shelf-life’ of grains so much longer, it became worthwhile to produce that much more.

And #15 completely – COMPLETELY – misses the point. Beer for health, yes. Beer for minerals, energy and nutrients? Uh, no. The process of brewing beer involves water being boiled (in order to create the wort). This process of boiling killed all the nasty bacteria, germs, cholera, etc. People drank beer because drinking water was a death sentence. It wasn’t discovered until much later exactly WHY people who drank beer lived longer. Apparently, you still haven’t discovered this.

I didn’t bother reading past #15, to be honest.

• Annette says:

Unfiltered beer contained the dead bacteria that was used to ferment it. Back before beer was filtered, it was much healthier due to the bacteria, which was full of vitamins.

6. Pingback: 24 Things You Didn’t Know About Beer - SOCIALROUGE | Higher Learning Worth Sharing (Updated Daily!)

7. Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet
    the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they just do not know about.

You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out
    the whole thing without having side-effects
    , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more.

Thanks

8. After I originally commented I appear to have clicked on the
    -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment
    is added I recieve four emails with the exact same comment.
    Is there an easy method you can remove me from that service?
    Many thanks!

9. Pingback: Have a Nice Beer

10. Fernando says:

The 24 things you ………….was a success!!! drink beer my friends. Cheers, Salud!!!

11. I have a rotating beer facts and history random text plugin on my site. Actually got some positive comments on that. I’m going to share this on my facebook page if you don’t mind.

12. Pingback: 忘年会シーズンが近いことですし、ビールについてのうんちくを知っておこう! | kybrain.com

13. Manjeet says:

You guys are all idiots!

14. Hello, Neat post. There is a problem along with
    your site in web explorer, might check this? IE nonetheless is
    the marketplace chief and a good element of other people will leave out your excellent writing because of this problem.

15. william says:

What is the best beer to strenghten your bones?

16. Nick says:

I have to note that I don’t think the kidney stone portion applies to sufferers of gout. I love beer, but I have to limit it to help prevent kidney stones and uric acid crystal build up in my joints.

17. Gemma says:

I love beer , i never leave home without it.

18. Pingback: 24 coisas que você não sabia sobre a cerveja | Fábio Lannes

19. Pingback: 24 Things You Didn’t Know About Beer | Partyclique LIVE!

20. John Doe says:

Beer is the worst possible thing for the kidneys!!
    And many other things in the post are bullshit

21. אייל טנדלר says:

agriculture era took off by starting of burning alcoholic drinks, what a great start :)

22. cideredd says:

Just support the fesitval , drink as little or as much as you can ,have a laugh ,and be happy!

23. You could definitely see your skills in the article you write.

The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid
    to say how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

24. Amazon.com says:

Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Appreciate it

25. Jose says:

Now we know 24 new things!

26. Ashleigh says:

I’m very happy to discover this site. I want to to thamk you foor
    your time for this fantastic read!!I definitely enjoyed every little bit
    of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to look at new
    information on your site.

27. Pingback: Beer: are you an expert? Amazing facts you may not know!

28. Gregg says:

Very cool site!! We’re new to Stumble Upon, and that’s where we found you!! Perfect for a Beer Drinker like myself!!

Gregg at Midwest Buzz

29. Gregg says:

Awesome site!! We’re new to Stumble Upon, and that’s where we found you….perfect site for a Beer Drinker like myself!!

Gregg at Midwest Buzz.

30. Fredric says:

Your site’s theme looks ugly. You schould change it. Better
    graphics means more conversions, faster load and greater confidence of visitors.
    This is something that can be useful for you, search in google:

Juicklor’s templates source

31. I found this to fun and interesting and even took you up on the HTML and posted it to my own. What great conversation starters.

32. Pingback: - yumspot

33. Nelson says:

It’s refreshing to know that beer makes us smarter, prevents kidney stones and strengthens bones! Beer, the new health drink.

34. I don’t know of any softphone that has “always on” phone recording
    where it records every phone without user input, but I do not know them all as I largely use Bria myself.

35. So nice website i will visiting allday

36. Magdalena says:

Here iis my page … Brampton internet service providers – Magdalena,

37. My fascination with the English Language ledd to a degree in Literature and Writing.

My blog post Book commentary and other discussions

38. A group of ten/more people or two/more producer institutions or a combination of ten/more individuals and producer institutions can sign up as a Producer Company on the condition that:
    1. Producer Company can have just equity share capital
    2. The minimum paid-up capital needed for development of a Producer Company is Rupees Five Lakhs just
    3. Minimum 10 people or more producer organizations or any mix of ten people and producer organizations are needed for incorporating a Producer Company
    4. There is no limit on the maximum number of members of a Producer Company
    5. Minimum five directors are required for a Producer Company.
    6. A Producer Company can have a maximum of fifteen directors
    7. The period of holding of office of the directors of a Producer Company will range from one year to 5 years subject to the provisions made in the Articles of Association.
    8. The very first directors ought to be elected by the customers to the memorandum and articles of association within ninety days from the date of producer company registration.
    9. The directors aside from the first directors will be elected or selected by the members in their AGM or annual general body conference.

39. Knocking out two birds with one stone will ultimately leave you
    with a sense of accomplishment after everything is accomplished.

When was the last time you found yourself filled with elation after watching a movie online.
    Jennifer Daugherty is a Business Development Coordinator for – The Remi Group LLC, located in Charlotte, NC.